Senior Business Development Manager - Monash College
Job No.: 627136
Location: 750 Collins Street, Melbourne
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will apply
Join our exciting new team and deliver on our new strategy for growth!
- Fantastic opportunity for a seasoned senior BD professional looking for their next challenge
- Ongoing position, competitive salary + great staff benefits
- Support business development strategy and revenue growth
- Join the Monash brand and be part of a collaborative workplace culture
About the team
Monash Professional Pathways (MPP), part of Monash College, specialises in working with business and government to place student interns matched with industry needs and assists companies to recruit and develop a pipeline of talent through facilitating access to job ready graduates from Monash University, one of the world’s leading educational institutions.
MPP also works with industry to reskill and upskill employees through a range of best practice training programs, workplace learning and vocational placement experiences.
As part of our newly created Industry Business Unit, we are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Development Manager who will report to the Associate Director, Business Development, responsible for new business revenue growth and developing trusted relationships with our key clients.
Click here to view the full position responsibilities.
We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with expertise and extensive experience in business development. You will be a senior subject matter expert with a strategic mindset and hands-on approach, and will possess a deep understanding of the market and industry.
Your strong stakeholder engagement, thought leadership and persistence in chasing leads and proactively identifying new business opportunities will be key. You will be an ambitious and driven individual with the ability to naturally establish relationships with senior level clients, and have the confidence to think creatively, and strategically to achieve successful outcomes.
You will support clients and senior level stakeholders to fulfil their talent needs and will be driven to develop, and execute go to market strategies and pursue new business development opportunities across a range of industries and leverage current networks to generate new business leads.
In addition, you will also have:
- Demonstrated success in a senior sales and business development role, with ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities and lead client engagement.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels including C-Suite and establish long-term strategic client relationships.
- Strong commercial acumen, with a proactive and strategic work approach.
- Financial acumen with capability to develop detailed reporting on actual and forecast revenues.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with post graduate qualifications in business or within a relevant discipline area would be well regarded.
- Excellent negotiation skills with high level of influence and ability to build strategic relationships with large complex organisations
- Proven experience and compliance of CRM systems and processes.
If you are a senior BD leader, looking for an opportunity to help lead a critical business unit to success, then this could be your next challenge!
In return, we offer you the opportunity to join an exciting journey with the College and engage with industry to really make a difference. Based at our brand new Docklands campus, with fantastic new facilities and workspaces, this position will be offered on an ongoing contract offering a competitive salary package based on skills and experience and great staff benefits.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then do not delay, and submit your application with your CV and 1 page covering letter addressing the above requirements. We will be reviewing and shortlisting applications as they are submitted, hence it is encouraged to not delay and submit your application as soon as possible.
Click here to apply.
For a confidential discussion or for further information, you may contact Bella Kaur, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Bella.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting a diverse workforce